VIPhysicians&Kids is The Coordinating Center’s Medical Home for children and youth with special health care needs (CYSHCN) (ages 0-22), who have or are at risk for chronic physical, developmental, behavioral or emotional conditions and require long-term health and related services. CYSHCN can have a wide-range of conditions and diagnoses, such as asthma, autism, attention-deficit/ hyperactivity disorder, diabetes, and sickle cell anemia. VIPhysicians&Kids partners with pediatric practices, the patient, and their family to deliver a collaborative self-management, care coordination model. Participants will experience person- and family-centered care from an interdisciplinary health team inclusive of a nurse, health coach, and pediatrician. VIPhysicians&Kids accepts referrals from participating practices. Speak with your provider to learn more.
Population Served and Eligibility
- Children and youth ages 0-22 with special health care needs and their family.
- Special health care needs diagnoses may include ADHD, Autism, Brain Injury, Cerebral Palsy, Diabetes, Epilepsy, Genetic disorders, Intellectual disorders, Spina Bifida, and others.
Services We Coordinate
- Accessible home modifications
- Assistive technology
- Behavioral health services
- Caregiver support
- Durable medical equipment
- Food/Nutritional needs
- Healthcare transitions
- Medical day programs
- Respite Care
- Transportation assistance
- Other community services
Referral and Application Process
- Physicians must complete and submit the VIPhysicians&Kids referral form
- Referral forms are accepted via email, fax, or phone
- VIPhysicians&Kids will contact the referred patient / family within 2 business days of referral receipt
For more information about VIPhysicians&Kids please contact us at VIPK@coordinatingcenter.org or by phone at (410)987-1048 ext. 1650.
VIPhysicians&Kids is made possible by the Maryland Department of Health's Office of Genetics and People with Special Health Care Needs.