It is the policy of The Coordinating Center not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability. The Coordinating Center has adopted an internal grievance procedure providing for prompt and equitable resolution of complaints alleging any action prohibited by Section 1557 of the Affordable Care Act (42 U.S.C. 18116) and its implementing regulations at 45 CFR part 92, issued by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Section 1557 prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability in certain health programs and activities.
Any person who believes someone has been subjected to discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability may file a grievance under this procedure. It is against the law for The Coordinating Center to retaliate against anyone who opposes discrimination, files a grievance, or participates in the investigation of a grievance.
- Grievances must be submitted to the Section 1557 Coordinator within 60 days of the date the person filing the grievance becomes aware of the alleged discriminatory action.
- A complaint must be in writing, containing the name and address of the person filing it. The complaint must state the problem or action alleged to be discriminatory and the remedy or relief sought.
- The Section 1557 Coordinator (or her/his designee) shall conduct an investigation of the complaint. This investigation may be informal, but it will be thorough, affording all interested persons an opportunity to submit evidence relevant to the complaint. The Section 1557 Coordinator will maintain the files and records of The Coordinating Center relating to such grievances. To the extent possible, and in accordance with applicable law, the Section 1557 Coordinator will take appropriate steps to preserve the confidentiality of files and records relating to grievances and will share them only with those who have a need to know.
- The Section 1557 Coordinator will issue a written decision on the grievance, based on a preponderance of the evidence, no later than 30 days after its filing, including a notice to the complainant of their right to pursue further administrative or legal remedies.
The availability and use of this grievance procedure does not prevent a person from pursuing other legal or administrative remedies, including filing a complaint of discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability in court or with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights. A person can file a complaint of discrimination electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal, which is available at: https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/portal/lobby.jsf or by mail or phone at: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 200 Independence Avenue SW., Room 509F, HHH Building, Washington, DC 20201.
Complaint forms are available at: http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/office/file/index.html. Such complaints must be filed within 180 days of the date of the alleged discrimination.
The Coordinating Center will make appropriate arrangements to ensure that individuals with disabilities and individuals with limited English proficiency are provided auxiliary aids and services or language assistance services, respectively, if needed to participate in this grievance process. Such arrangements may include, but are not limited to, providing qualified interpreters, or assuring a barrier-free location for the proceedings. If you need these services, please contact The Coordinating Center directly. The Section 1557 Coordinator will ensure that The Coordinating Center provides such services free and upon request in accordance with applicable policies and regulations.
Non-Discrimination and Accessibility Requirements
The Coordinating Center complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude people, or treat them differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
The Coordinating Center, upon request:
Provides free aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with Department staff, such as:
- Qualified sign language interpreters
- Written information in other formats (large print, audio, accessible electronic formats, other formats)
Provides free language services to people whose primary language is not English, such as:
- Qualified interpreters
- Information written in other languages
If you need these services, please contact The Coordinating Center at 1-800-296-2242.
If you believe that The Coordinating Center has failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex, you can file a grievance by phone or mail:
The Coordinating Center
8531 Veterans Highway, Third Floor
Millersville, Maryland 21108
1-800-296-2242, Extension 115
If you need help filing a grievance, the Compliance Coordinator is available to help you.
You can also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal, available at https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/portal/lobby.jsf, or by mail or phone at: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 200 Independence Avenue SW., Room 509F, HHH Building, Washington, DC 20201, 1-800-868-1019, 800-537-7697 (TDD).
Complaint forms are available at http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/office/file/index.html
Interpreter Services are available for free in your language. Call 1-800-296-2242.
ATENCIÓN: si habla español, tiene a su disposición servicios gratuitos de asistencia lingüística. Llame al 1-800-296-2242.
የአስተርጓሚ አገልግሎት በነጻ በእርስዎ ቋንቋ ተዘጋጅቷል፡፡ 1-800-296-2242 ጋር ይደውሉ፡፡
ملحوظة تتوافر خدمات الترجمة لك بالمجان في لغتك. يرجى الاتصال بـ 1-800-296-2242.
Dè ɖɛ nìà kɛ dyéɖé gbo: Ɔ jǔ ké m̀ [Ɓàsɔ́ ɔ̀ -wùɖù-po-nyɔ̀ ] jǔ ní, nìí, à wuɖu kà kò ɖò po-poɔ̀ ɓɛ́ ìn m̀ gbo kpáa. Ɖá 1-800-296-2242.
.بگیرید تماس 1-800-296-2242خدمات ترجمه شفاهی به زبان فارسی برای شما به صورت رایگان در دسترس است. با
ATTENTION : Si vous parlez français, des services d’aide linguistique vous sont proposés gratuitement. Appelez le 1-800-296-2242.
સુચના: જો તમે ગુજરાતી બોલતા હો, તો નિ:શુલ્ક ભાષા સહાય સેવાઓ તમારા માટે ઉપલબ્ધ છે. ફોન કરો
kreyòl ayisyen/Haitian Creole
ATANSYON: Si w pale Kreyòl Ayisyen, gen sèvis èd pou lang ki disponib gratis pou ou. Rele 1-800-296-2242.
Ọrụ Ntapị nke a na-enye n’efu dị n’asụsụ gị. Kpọọ1-800-296-2242
주의: 한국어를 사용하시는 경우, 언어 지원 서비스를 무료로 이용하실 수 있습니다 1-800-296-2242.
ATENÇÃO: Se fala português, encontram-se disponíveis serviços linguísticos, grátis. Ligue para 1-800-296-2242.
ВНИМАНИЕ: Если вы говорите на русском языке, то вам доступны бесплатные услуги перевода. Звоните 1-800-296-2242.
PAUNAWA: Kung nagsasalita ka ng Tagalog, maaari kang gumamit ng mga serbisyo ng tulong sa wika nang walang bayad. Tumawag sa 1-800-296-2242.
آپ کی زبان میں ترجمہ کی خدمات مفت دستیاب ہیں ۔ کال کریں 1-800-296-2242
CHÚ Ý: Nếu bạn nói Tiếng Việt, có các dịch vụ hỗ trợ ngôn ngữ miễn phí dành cho bạn. Gọi số 1-800-296-2242.
AKIYESI: Bi o ba nsọ èdè Yorùbú ọfé ni iranlọwọ lori èdè wa fun yin o. Ẹ pe ẹrọ-ibanisọrọ yi 1-800-296-2242.