Join our new virtual Community Enrichment Series. Engaging workshops supporting individuals and families to achieve their aspirations for a meaningful life! Webinars will take place the 3rd Tuesday of every month.
Advance Directives, Guardianship and Power of Attorney
Presented by Nicole Dozier, LCSW-C, Social Work
Tuesday February 20th | 12:00 p.m.
Discover the peace of mind that comes from making informed decisions about your future or assisting a loved one in doing so.
- Understanding important documents
- Medical decision making process
- Accessing community resources
Finding a Voice Through Self-Advocacy
Presented by: Megan Bazzett, MS, CPRP, CFRP, CFP Program Director
Tuesday, March 19th | 12:00 p.m.
Understand what self-advocacy is, its importance, and how to advocate for yourself or a loved one.
- Key terms
- Strategies for self-care
- Building support networks
- Advocacy resources
Transitioning to Adulthood
Presented by: Alyssa Stoffel, MS, RN, CPN, CCM and Sheryl Nickel, BSN, RN, CPN, CCM
April 16th | 12:00 p.m.
This workshop is designed to guide families and caregivers of children living with disabilities and/or complex medical needs through the pivotal journey of transitioning youth and offers an introduction to:
- Importance of the transitioning youth process
- Advocacy programs and resources for transitioning youth
- Important milestones and timeline for the transitioning youth process
ABLE Accounts: A Financial Planning Tool for People with Disabilities and their Families
Presented by Kelly Nelson, Outreach and Communications Manager, Maryland ABLE
May 21st | 12:00 p.m.
Overview of how ABLE accounts can help people with disabilities and their families to save and invest for the future without jeopardizing federal, state, and local benefits such as SSI and Medicaid.
- The eligibility criteria
- Enrollment process
- Features of a Maryland ABLE account, the account management process.
- How this can help your student develop financial literacy skills.