Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this year’s Resource Fair is going Virtual! Each year, The Coordinating Center honors its coworkers at the annual Coworker Appreciation Breakfast and Resource Fair held during National Case Management Week. National Case Management Week 2020 (NCMW 20) is October 11-17! NCMW is used to recognize and show appreciation for case management and transitions of care professionals across the country. Now that this event will be virtual, The Center plans to recognize coworkers all month long! This year's virtual resource fair will feature organizations on interactive panel discussions and workshops with CEUs.
There’s limited space available, so if you are interested in attending any of these event please complete the registration form below.
Kick Off | Thursday, October 1, 2020 | 9 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
- Coworker Appreciation Kick Off & Compassionate Leadership Award
- Featuring Teresa Titus-Howard, President/CEO and Secretary Carol Beatty from the Maryland Department of Disabilities.
Kelly Cove Mobility | Thursday, October 1, 2020 | 9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
- Reducing Environmental Modification Cycle Times/ Innovation
- This workshop will focus on several critical steps within the environmental modifications process. Join Kelly Cove Mobility as they take you through their back office and field operations processes and suggest recommendations which will reduce the amount of time spent managing the contractor bid and post award processes.
Automatic Nursing Care Services | Thursday, October 8, 2020 | 3 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- Bridging the Gap: REM & Model Waiver Intake to Private Duty Nursing Agency Staffing Outcomes
- This workshop will focus on the information gap between the Maryland Department of Health, The Coordinating Center, and Private Duty Nursing agencies that can lead to lengthy wait times for services. Explore possible solutions that can assist in closing the information gap earlier in the intake process to reduce wait times and ensure quicker and more effective staffing to meet the needs of clients.
Elizabeth Cooney Care Network | Thursday, October 15, 2020 | 9 a.m. – 10 a.m.
- Caregiving in the Era of a Pandemic
- This workshop will focus on caregiving during a Pandemic, which has led to social distancing and isolation for individuals of all ages and their families. Isolation takes a toll on people’s physical and mental well-being. Explore how caregiving can help alleviate and promote positive outcomes in the midst of a crisis.
Kennedy Krieger Institute | Thursday, October 22, 2020 | 4 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Special Education Law and the COVID-19 Pandemic
- This workshop will focus on the behavioral and medical challenges in Children with Special Healthcare Needs during COVID-19, Special Education Law, and the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Gilchrist | Wednesday, October 28, 2020 | 12 p.m. – 1 p.m.
- Social Isolation/Secondary Trauma
- This workshop will focus on being aware of and acknowledging the vast range of stressors that everyone is feeling and the ways they are effecting them (“overwhelmingness’, sleep disorders, lack of concentrations, disruptions). We will touch on helping clients focus on one thing at a time and instilling hope in clients.